This opportunity entails building and operating theme parks of various sizes across the Kingdom:
- Five large theme parks in three large cities: Riyadh (2), Jeddah (2), Dammam (1)
- Three medium theme parks in three medium cities: Madinah (1), Tabuk (1), Buraydah (1)
- Seven small theme parks in seven small cities: Hail (1), Najran (1), Abha (1), Arar (1), Sakakah (1), Jazan (1), Al-Bahah (1)
The required investment is SAR 1,000M per large park, SAR 300M per medium park, and SAR 75M per small park, assuming a pure private sector investment model.
Recreation and entertainment are key pillars of Vision 2030, with the government aiming to increase spend on recreation from 2.9% to 6% of total spend by 2030.
Theme parks are the number 1 activity that Saudis would like to see in Saudi Arabia if all entertainment activities were allowed, ranking above cinemas, waterparks, and other entertainment activities.
The serious government commitment, coupled with the large appetite for theme parks among Saudis, create an attractive opportunity to establish theme parks in the Kingdom
Investment Size: SAR 75M – SAR 1,000M (varies based on theme park size)
Location: Across the Kingdom
Timeline: Open to starting the project as soon as possible
Model: Opportunity to consider different operating models
- Pure private sector model
- Joint venture with the government
- Pure operation with management scheme (no investment needed)