This opportunity entails setting up a manufacturing / assembly plant for Reclosers / Autoreclosers and Sectionalizers.
KSA has massive plans to increase transmission capacity, amounting to ~69,000 Ckt km of high voltage lines and ~250,000 MVA of high voltage substations (cumulative 2017 – 2030). Similarly, planned additional distribution capacity to amount to ~69,000 Ckt km for high voltage lines and ~219,000 MVA for high voltage substations (cumulative 2017 – 2030).
Beyond KSA, major regional capacity additions are planned to service the double-fold regional demand growth. Plans to increase regional transmission capacity beyond KSA amount to ~259,000 Ckt km of high voltage lines and ~775,000 MVA of high voltage substations (cumulative 2017 – 2030). Similarly, planned additional distribution capacity to amount to ~1.9 million Ckt km for high voltage lines and ~819,000 MVA for high voltage substations (cumulative 2017 – 2030).
The KSA recloser and sectionalizer market is estimated at USD 114 million in 2017 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3%, to reach a value of USD 161 million by 2030.
With forecasted market growth, multiple opportunities exist to localize the recloser and sectionalizer production value chain. The main focus of this opportunity is on manufacturing and assembly of reclosers and sectionalizers:
- Manufacturing & assembly: contact material processing, contact rod processing, copper processing, cast resing processing, surface treatment, connecting cables, cable harnesses
However, opportunities also exist in recloser and sectionalizer testing which includes,
- Metallography test, insulation resistance testing, dielectric withstand voltage, endurance test, vacuum test, control panel test, HV and discharge test, mechanical operation test
- Investment size: To be determined by the investor
- Location: To be determined by the investor
- Timeline: Open to starting the project as soon as possible
Model: Opportunity to consider different operating models
- Pure private sector model
- Joint venture with the government