Industry and Mining Committee
Adding a new engine to the national system that supports local industries and economic diversification, by:
- Working to form a huge and diversified industrial base between Saudi companies and their Chinese counterparts that contribute to securing the Kingdom’s needs of basic and strategic industries.
- Digitizing the industry
- Raising export rates
- Supporting the trade balance.
- Advancing this important sector to achieve comprehensive economic growth in order to achieve the goals of the Kingdom’s Vision 2030
- Strengthening the role of the Saudi-Chinese Business Council in supporting the Kingdom’s development goals by providing various aspects of support to manufacturers and investors.
- Guiding towards optimal utilization of resources.
- Facilitating the building of industrial partnerships with the Chinese side in a more dynamic manner, and with an advanced methodology for industrial support capable of providing joint industries that meet the local industrial market needs.
- Supporting the economic interests of the Kingdom with the Chinese side, and cooperating with other governmental authorities in the two countries to promote the exchange of localization of industrial experiences.
- Contribute to the digitization of the industry and the development of digital industries.
- Creating new industrial partnership opportunities that support the private sector in both countries.
- Promoting innovative and modern industries that are in line with the requirements of the times.
- Representing the Council in industry sector forums and conferences locally, regionally, and internationally.
- Taking care of the interests of the council members by providing the necessary services to help them carry out their industrial investment activities, preserve their rights, and communicate their opinions, suggestions, and complaints to the government agencies in the two countries.
- Encouraging partnership between industrial investors and industry leaders from both countries, and supporting cooperation between members of the Council and government agencies and bodies in the two countries.
- Exchange of industrial experiences with regard to the competence of the committee, and the collection of information, data, and statistics related to work
Companies and Institutions
- Saudi Center for Strategic Companies
- Foreign Trade Authority
- The Ministry of Investment
- National Center for Industrial Development
- The meetings of the Council’s Industry Committee are held periodically every 3 months, at least 4 times a year, at the invitation of the Chairman of the Council, which is directed to members and affiliates of the committee from the Saudi and Chinese sides, 10 days before the date of the meeting, with a working paper containing the topics, plans, and partnerships to be attached. her research.
- The date of the committee meeting may be brought forward in case of urgent or exceptional issues.
- An invitation to convene the committee may be submitted  days before its scheduled date in case of necessity and upon a written request signed by no less than  members of the council.
- The meeting of the committee is not complete without the attendance of all / or at least two-thirds of its members, provided that the chairman or one of his deputies is among them. Otherwise, the meeting is postponed to a new date to be determined within a week.
- The committee’s decisions on the topics it discusses are taken according to the majority of votes. In the event of equal votes, the side supported by the committee chairman is taken.
- Examining the procedures related to the practice of industrial activities by the members of the Council.
- Registration of members and associates who are licensed to practice the profession of manufacturing and import and export operations.
- Studying new industrial projects and partnership opportunities between industry leaders in the two countries, and expressing an opinion on plans and legislation related to this matter.
- Designing plans to promote joint industries, preparing economic studies that contribute to directing bilateral industrial work, and promoting the exchange of modern technologies between the two countries, and presenting its results to the competent authorities.
- Providing advice to Saudi and Chinese members and businessmen wishing to start their industrial businesses in the two countries.
- Awareness of industrial members and affiliates about the quality standards for goods and products in the Saudi-Chinese market, in terms of type, weight, price, and the rest of official works, in addition to raising awareness about issues of employment, wages, distribution, and transportation.
- Develop bilateral plans to focus on industries that support food security between the two countries through the expansion of food industries and products based on them.
- Providing industrial manuals, educating industrial members and affiliates about the regulations, laws, taxes, customs, and regulations related to the industrial process, environmental testing, and combating commercial fraud in both countries, as well as leasing, loans, banks, money exchanges, and insurance.
- Receiving industrial delegations from China, and forming and sending Saudi industrial delegations to various Chinese industrial areas, in order to expand the role of the private sector in manufacturing, and to strengthen the frameworks of industrial cooperation between the two countries.
- Organizing exhibitions related to industrial development, conferences, training, and research seminars, and workshops related to supporting the industrial partnership between the two countries, as well as participating in exhibitions of machinery and various industries that are held in various Chinese regions.
- Contribute to controlling the local industrial sector by proposing mechanisms for the circulation of goods and their availability, and forecasting any shortcomings or future problems, and proposing plans to support the export of small and medium enterprise products.
- Examining the complaints of members and merchants regarding the industrial sector between the two countries, and mediating in solving their problems through an advanced mechanism and a wide network of relations with senior officials in the two countries.
- Readiness to respond to the invitation of any Saudi and Chinese ministry or entity to participate in any official industrial committees to be formed between the two countries, with regard to economic development and trade exchange.
- Training human cadres capable of managing an industrial business, and contributing to the innovation of new industrial sectors that enhance trade exchange between the two countries.
- Preparing work papers, plans, and proposed projects through periodic reports to be submitted to the Chairman of the Council for consideration and then approval or amendment.