This opportunity entails building and operating botanical gardens of various sizes across the Kingdom:
- Twelve botanical gardens in three large cities: Riyadh (4), Jeddah (5), Dammam (3)
- Six botanical gardens in three medium cities: Madinah (3), Tabuk (1), Buraydah (2)
- Fourteen botanical gardens in five small cities: Hail (1), Najran (1), Abha (7), Jazan (4), Al-Bahah (1)
The required investment is SAR 40M to SAR 45M per garden, assuming a pure private sector investment model.
Recreation and entertainment are key pillars of Vision 2030, with the government aiming to increase spend on recreation from 2.9% to 6% of total spend by 2030.
The serious government commitment presents attractive opportunities to operate botanical gardens in the Kingdom
Investment Size: SAR 40M – SAR 45M (per garden)
Location: Across the Kingdom
Timeline: Open to starting the project as soon as possible
Model: Opportunity to consider different operating models:
- Joint Venture with the government
- Pure operation with management scheme (no investment needed)